Double-duty Clothesline...... [Domestic life; drying clothes outdoors; birds; short]
A plastic-coated steel cable stretches taut across our elevated spacious deck.
This clothesline’s meant to last longer than me and keep our drying clothes in check.
I’ve altered it to ensure it does its job, though faced with mighty winds, ......
UNLESS there is some failure of hangers, or of clothes pins with which our clothes are pinned.....
Today I watched as our hanging T-shirts put on a grand display;
they tossed and turned like dervishes but did not blow away.
And later when I’d brought the clothes indoors, after they were dry,
I watched as three kinds of birds landed on the line, and then, off again, they did fly......
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Double-duty Clothesline...... [Domestic life; drying clothes outdoors; birds; short] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari الاستاذ ياسر ن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery