Life wears a dark garb of a gamble
Its shadow stalks each passing moment
Someone wins the game and cheers up
While someone loses, sits sad and demure.
Lots of hope you gave, vows you made
To share a life made in heaven
I dreamt for a new life in paradise
With your love care and trust.
Like a cyclone, all dreams blew away
A wall of distrust stands before us
The bond lies shattered, floats in nightmare
Unbearable loneliness and wistful pain
Cruel bond, life teetered on the brink,
Your call for heaven is slow death of a heart
Where are those good senses?
Life's consolation has dried out
Dear! Why did you set my spirit ablaze?
Where's the heavenly vow of rosy hope
The heavenly garb I was promised
Was taken away from life!
Dear! I wanted to live with you all
I never thought of dying unnaturally
Before breathing the last from this world,
Please at least pray for my departed soul.
Bireswar Halder's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DOWRY by Bireswar Halder )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki
- Shattered, Ana Rose Trazo