Dreck The Halls
It's that time of year again
When many folks ruminate
All about the holiday season
And the desire to decorate.
There's so much to choose from
And it can become highly debatable;
To light the yard bright with new LED's
Or buy the latest lawn inflatable.
'The holiday season starts too early'
One hears that retail rant on and on
But, by the first week of December
Most of the décor items are gone.
'MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! '
The glaring homes will wish you.
There are no rules for style here
So, using good taste is not an issue.
Holiday decorating time is here
One can love it or tolerate it.
And with decorations 'Made In China'
We can over celebrate it.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
DRECK THE HALLS
Comments about this poem (Dreck The Halls by Edward Iacona )
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote
- Blue ink, Donnie Wolff
- Tossing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Insanity, John Masaitis
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow