Peter Daniel Phiri
Don't put on that sorry face because you are leaving me,
I'm happy for you.
For whatever makes you happy,
Makes me happy as well.
But you mean the world to me,
Sorry I never told you that before;
Forgive my pride.
But for a long time, ..
I missed the girl I fell in love with.
The girl with the most magnificent eyes I've ever seen.
The girl who when she looked at me,
I would hear life overflowing,
I would hear my heart pound,
And my sorrows flea to make room for joy.
There were times when you used to look at me with no lie in your eyes.
How I miss those happy days.
You are a blessing to me,
And a gift from heaven.
So it's not goodbye,
But bye bye for now;
Because I know we will be together again.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drifting Away by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola
- A wilted story, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Gently Placing Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Predicting The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The American Dream, Is It Poetry
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL