Peter Daniel Phiri
Unfortunately, I will not stop,
Across Africa, I will travel with this African face,
My African pride,
And my African story.
I saw your face in Zimbabwe;
Then I saw it again in South Africa.
You smiled at me in Malawi,
Why were you surprise to see me again in Angola?
I carry the African song,
Listen to soulful rhythems from within.
I have an African heart,
With lots of love and pain, it won't part.
Your African face smiles at me with inspiration,
Across Africa and the world, give me an ear;
I speak an African language.
Someday you will know my love,
Someday you will sing my song,
Someday you will hold my heart;
Someday you will cry the same tears in my eyes.
Someday you will relieve my pain,
One day you will understand me.
Someday you will join my fight an we'll make Africa our pride.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (African Spirit by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Feeling Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Existing Transcendentally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Yam, Tony Adah
- What If a Poet Doesn't Like His Own Poet.., Monk E. Biz
- Forewarning Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PERFECTION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- I salute you, poets, gajanan mishra
- समनि नायथाय- 04, Ronjoy Brahma
- White elephant, gajanan mishra
- PROMISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov