Peter Daniel Phiri
An Orphan Unto Love
You say you are an orphan unto life, ..
But I'm an orphan unto love.
You refuse to give me another chance,
But soon you will be my past;
Let's talk now while we still can.
My body yearns to go where my imagination stretches,
To touch not just your heart, but your soul.
To hold not just your hand, but your dreams.
Is it funny that when I look into your eyes, ..
I see a picture of my childhood years? ,
A heart still virgin, untroubled by love;
A soul with an angelic makeup.
But now I'm an orphan,
You insist on killing my love,
And I'm dying with it too.
At least I feel safe,
I built an empire meant for us that I'm giving to you.
So you should be fine,
At least financially.
If you can't remember me as you special love,
I hope you will remember me as a father you never had.
A human heart must continue living, ..
Even in the absence of love.
So I guess this is farewell.
Allow me to close the doors to the love chambers of my heart.
Wish me luck,
Pray that I find a way to the most distant and serene places hardly found.
I hope my eyes and ears shall not recognise your face nor voice.
I hope my memory shall free you from my mind;
And let you fly away like a bird...
I hope you will find happiness.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Orphan Unto Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones
- Manliness Of Man, Naveed Akram
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram