Peter Daniel Phiri
An Orphan Unto Love
You say you are an orphan unto life, ..
But I'm an orphan unto love.
You refuse to give me another chance,
But soon you will be my past;
Let's talk now while we still can.
My body yearns to go where my imagination stretches,
To touch not just your heart, but your soul.
To hold not just your hand, but your dreams.
Is it funny that when I look into your eyes, ..
I see a picture of my childhood years? ,
A heart still virgin, untroubled by love;
A soul with an angelic makeup.
But now I'm an orphan,
You insist on killing my love,
And I'm dying with it too.
At least I feel safe,
I built an empire meant for us that I'm giving to you.
So you should be fine,
At least financially.
If you can't remember me as you special love,
I hope you will remember me as a father you never had.
A human heart must continue living, ..
Even in the absence of love.
So I guess this is farewell.
Allow me to close the doors to the love chambers of my heart.
Wish me luck,
Pray that I find a way to the most distant and serene places hardly found.
I hope my eyes and ears shall not recognise your face nor voice.
I hope my memory shall free you from my mind;
And let you fly away like a bird...
I hope you will find happiness.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Orphan Unto Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Psalm VII, Joseph Hall
- Drogman*, Translation of Pierre Emmanuel.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)