Peter Daniel Phiri
An Orphan Unto Love
You say you are an orphan unto life, ..
But I'm an orphan unto love.
You refuse to give me another chance,
But soon you will be my past;
Let's talk now while we still can.
My body yearns to go where my imagination stretches,
To touch not just your heart, but your soul.
To hold not just your hand, but your dreams.
Is it funny that when I look into your eyes, ..
I see a picture of my childhood years? ,
A heart still virgin, untroubled by love;
A soul with an angelic makeup.
But now I'm an orphan,
You insist on killing my love,
And I'm dying with it too.
At least I feel safe,
I built an empire meant for us that I'm giving to you.
So you should be fine,
At least financially.
If you can't remember me as you special love,
I hope you will remember me as a father you never had.
A human heart must continue living, ..
Even in the absence of love.
So I guess this is farewell.
Allow me to close the doors to the love chambers of my heart.
Wish me luck,
Pray that I find a way to the most distant and serene places hardly found.
I hope my eyes and ears shall not recognise your face nor voice.
I hope my memory shall free you from my mind;
And let you fly away like a bird...
I hope you will find happiness.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Orphan Unto Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Beyond, Fabrizio Frosini
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Clearing the void, Phil's Writings
- The Treacherous Bride, Asaolu Abayomi
- Them, Tanja Henderson
- It is time for me to go home, Leong Ming Loong
- Forsaken For Your Sake, Asma Riaz Khan
- Textology - 1. Conditionals, Joseph Archer
- WHAT FOR?, Terry Collett
- 73, GRANT FRASER
- I Shall Not Want, Tiffany Roldan
- List Of Loneliness, Margaret Alice Second