Is this just 'fun' for you?
Coasting on the ride.
It's been deep here with me.
Now I'm washed up in the tide.
Crashing over rocks.
Could you not just hold my hand.
And carry me beyond.
To fall on softer sand?
I was struggling for air.
Whilst you washed over me.
I thought that I could swim.
But It's unfamiliar sea.
I'm craving for the mainland.
But an island's what I get.
Where my poor mind is stranded.
As it won't let me forget.
Would you send me the drift wood.
That you stowed a ride upon.
And want the tide to take us.
To a place where we'd belong.
Could we stay there a while?
Im not asking forever.
As I understand my rescue.
Doesn't end with us together.
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Driftwood by Stevie Taite )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Desiree Jacobsen
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip
- I Lost My Heart A Time Ago, Valerie Dohren