Is this just 'fun' for you?
Coasting on the ride.
It's been deep here with me.
Now I'm washed up in the tide.
Crashing over rocks.
Could you not just hold my hand.
And carry me beyond.
To fall on softer sand?
I was struggling for air.
Whilst you washed over me.
I thought that I could swim.
But It's unfamiliar sea.
I'm craving for the mainland.
But an island's what I get.
Where my poor mind is stranded.
As it won't let me forget.
Would you send me the drift wood.
That you stowed a ride upon.
And want the tide to take us.
To a place where we'd belong.
Could we stay there a while?
Im not asking forever.
As I understand my rescue.
Doesn't end with us together.
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Driftwood by Stevie Taite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- One(1) Classroom, herbert guitang
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Nasha pyaar ka, binod bastola
- The Storyteller, David Lewis Paget
- Read yourself, Eleonora Bistrianu
- State dictates people to be violent, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just After Dawn, David Harris
- Graveyard, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Moments, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Stasying the Course, John F. McCullagh