Lawrence S. Pertillar
Easier Than I Had Imagined
Making to create one's own opportunities,
Is a much greater task to face...
Than those following along on a path,
Behind others to less appreciate...
What it took to take,
To stay awake and identify poisonous snakes...
On an unpaved path that hid,
All things that could be evil.
And then for them to say who follow,
What they did to do...
Was not so difficult to achieve.
Not as difficult as they were made to believe.
What was the most challenging obstacle,
You have ever had to confront? '
I am finally glad 'someone' asked.
I did stumble once on the pavement.
Luckily no one noticed.
That would have been most embarrassing.
The planted flowers and shrubbery,
Looked as if they had not been cleared of weeds...
Empty cups and discarded bags of eatened chips? ~
'Anything else? '
There is a broken vending machine in need of servicing.
But other than that...
I found my journey much easier than I had imagined.~
'Think of those who pioneered those paths.'
~I think not.
The sweating and the clearing of debris?
The doing of that for days, months, years.
And not taking a shower or getting a massage?
No. YOU think of that.
I'm not having it.
I have a degree in Mathematics.~
Topic of this poem: life
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Easier Than I Had Imagined by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Childhood Preparing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tempted, Electric Lady
- Sincerity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak