Something stirs in my thoughts.
A layer of fog covers my mind.
Gloss fills my eyes.
My hands feel numb.
The Smell of your skin in my senses,
your picture engraved in my hearts membrane.
Each letter causing a searing pain
A parasite that I cure with each breath.
Your smile as bright as the summers peek.
Tears run down my face without end.
The smell of coffee in the early hours-
now a near memory.
The warmth from your pillow wretched away.
only cold despair that remains.
Your uniform arrived in the mail,
Reviving everything except the peace it should have held.
I felt my Half ripped away.
Only a cold emptiness remains,
but for the nine months you had left -
it seems it was a life for a life.
His eyes are the colour of the darkest forest.
He won't be able to compare them.
My only hope.
That he learns to loves you through your memories.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Entity by Amelia Murray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Festival for unity(Republic -Day Celebra.., Aftab Alam
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- Attempts for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE GREAT UNKNOWN - Determined the world, sEaN nOrTh
- A Small Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Corrective body for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आं थाबायो सिगांजोँ, Ronjoy Brahma