Amelia Murray Poems
- R.I.P Little Bow-Peep I felt like writing a poem about ...
- Questions Circles of emotions. Doubts that are empowering, ...
- Glass Tree My walls are of glass. The Lord has washed them, ...
- When Tears Are Your Words Stars are bright in a moonless ...
- Echoes Echoes Echoes in the dark Teeth being the main ...
- Welcoming Death Death has a strange appearance, He comes to...
- Longing Empty messages. Eyes spilling over with ...
So I have experienced some years of life. I have tried. I have failed. I have lived. Not died yet, but have imagined it. My mind is not a very bright place and I like it like that. I have been known to be quite 'out there'. I take it that I do not have to explain myself to another poet, these things, feelings and emotions are why a lot of us start writing. Start wanting to change things or escape things. It is why we create our own worlds and walk blindly in reality. My heart beats for my inner worlds. Reality is a strange place for me, it is too happy at moments and others too sad, it doesn't have a balance. It is a scale that keeps tipping from one side then to the other, but I guess that... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Amelia Murray
R.I.P Little Bow-Peep
I felt like writing a poem about life
but then something else caught my eye
little Bow-Peep going far far astray.
No calls of help or sorrow are heard.
For little bow-peep had wandered away.
Now it comes to pass that a big ugly lizard,
found little Bow-Peep walking alone.
He stopped by the corner and gave her a grin,
not of affection but more of a win.
She popped up her head and gave a slight nod.
This is what happens on the streets after dark
The lizard perused little bow-peep
up the large hills and through the low rivers.
Past the big ...