Epic of You, Act III
Let me describe you;
blonde hair, short and fragrant,
soft bluish green eyes
dreamy yet captivating.
You have an easy,
recognizable outward persona,
approachable within reason,
but turbulent inside
like a rumbling volcano
bubbling with latent possibilities
and thrilling discoveries.
with a body and face that compliment
and demands a double take.
You are into the arts.
You are a dancer.
I am a second rate actor
looking for my big break.
You took my bit part
and gave it scope and density.
Standing on that stage
I am enlarged by your presence.
Small wonder I am in love with you.
I never played opposite a star.
I never played opposite such beauty.
I never had a chance to make it big.
(End of Act III)
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epic of You, Act III by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney
- The gift of sight, Laxman Rao
- For some time, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney
- Was There Another Spring, Helen Hay Whitney
- To Diane, Helen Hay Whitney
- An Aye Aye Dreams of being a Woodpecker, Stephen Katona
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira