Escape from the lies, that bring nothing but pain,
Escape from the cries, that pour down like rain.
Escape from the world that doesn't understand,
Escape from the people who pull you down like sinking sand.
Escape from yourself when your lost and confused,
Escape from the fake when you've been nothing but used.
Escape from the music when your full of tears,
Escape from your dreams when they bring you fears.
Escape from the things that break your heart,
Escape from the past, and try to make a new start.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escape.. by Brianna Townsend )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Little Girl, Kyle Schlicher
- Deep Water Haiku Trilogy, Kyle Schlicher
- I tease, hasmukh amathalal
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno