Dazzled by the sizzling beauty
I plodded through
Th saloon of the flowers and flies.
I reached a
Narrow dusty path.
Now the garden
Is an unclear dot behind me.
Its trying to attract me
To its inclosure of magic
But I cannot enjoy
These flickering happiness
Which lasts half a second.
I have to reach the love
Which is lullubies for me
I have to reach my grandmom
Who waits for me
With her affectional eyes.
I have to be in her caring hand
Where I find relief.
Its dark around me.
The sky turned fearful black.
My vicinity grown
Into a dreadful ebony.
The terror in me
Set its music.
The tears in myeyes
That aimed at the ground
Began to outflow.
I shrank to the edge
Of the track.
Suddenly the lilt
Of sorrow and pain
Was removed by the new music.
That’ s the flying sound of butterflies.
Those seem to be
The footsteps of my love granny.
That sound is nearing me.
The soft hands of grandmommy
Clutched me to her
And her guarding hand
Wiped my tears.
I am in my destination
I am in the ardour
For which I waited.
Ashly Raju's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ETERNAL LOVE by Ashly Raju )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra