R. K. Hart
Heb rew ……Life
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Mum and I remember always our sweetheart,
We have a love for her that never departs.
Her name means in Hebrew life,
And that she is as mother and wife.
You entered our lives with a gentle light,
You have become a woman gentle and polite.
A nest you have created for those of yours,
You have nursed their illnesses and sores.
As a child you nursed your poor sick Dad.
With his pretend sickness, so bad.
You wrapped and bandaged where it hurt,
And may have made a poultice of dirt and grass.
You married a man whose heart is the Lords,
As a pair created a nest worthy of rewards.
The quality of any couple depends on the pairing,
You have created a life well worth the sharing.
I have no you'll continue to follow under Jesus direction,
And make the scriptures be your map when recollection.
You are already a woman with virtuosity,
Hold fast to it, culture it with ferocity.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
R. K. Hart 1/2/2003
Comments about this poem (Evelyn by R. K. Hart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar