R. K. Hart
Heb rew ……Life
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Mum and I remember always our sweetheart,
We have a love for her that never departs.
Her name means in Hebrew life,
And that she is as mother and wife.
You entered our lives with a gentle light,
You have become a woman gentle and polite.
A nest you have created for those of yours,
You have nursed their illnesses and sores.
As a child you nursed your poor sick Dad.
With his pretend sickness, so bad.
You wrapped and bandaged where it hurt,
And may have made a poultice of dirt and grass.
You married a man whose heart is the Lords,
As a pair created a nest worthy of rewards.
The quality of any couple depends on the pairing,
You have created a life well worth the sharing.
I have no you'll continue to follow under Jesus direction,
And make the scriptures be your map when recollection.
You are already a woman with virtuosity,
Hold fast to it, culture it with ferocity.
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
R. K. Hart 1/2/2003
Comments about this poem (Evelyn by R. K. Hart )
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)