R. K. Hart
Evening Fire Courage
In the evening of our lives when we sit by the hearth,
When we are within most of life’s aftermath.
As the glow of burning fiery logs play in your hair,
It is here I say those things only lovers dare.
Things that still make an old man’s face redden,
Stealing a kiss against a young man’s body leaden.
Only to gain courage from where there was desert,
Courage from the courage less making the convert.
Perspiring hands may have slipped around your waist,
Feeling so belonging, yet against refusal braced,
A finger maps your face touching your lips,
Watching, as eyes close down like a solar eclipse.
Fireside evenings jar memories from years long past,
They lay under us like a beautiful tapestry wide and vast.
Memories are our lives marbled carved pillars,
You are like a Grecian queen well befitting a Grecian villa.
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Evening Fire Courage by R. K. Hart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan