Babalola Augustine Adeola
Bombs in the north
flood in the south.
Storm in the savannah
and the iron rod that claim lives...
The fraud in the house,
unseen project for us.
A presidential jet for him
new cars for them,
new tax for us...
Good school for the cities,
But the bursted pipes for us.
Does it not make the evening news?
Tamedun stole a chicken,
and he went to rest for fourteen years
behind the bar.
While the terrorist will rest for just six months.
We fault the laws,
he kicks our ass.
They fault the law
and it gets amended
what an evening news!
Segun and uche made a discovery,
it was tagged the antagonist of the original
while the ministers son made one
and it made the evening news
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Evening News by Babalola Augustine Adeola )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 52!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gorgon With Hair Threatening, Margaret Alice Second
- Sober Song, Barton Sutter
- I Love Your Crazy Bones, Barton Sutter