Lawrence S. Pertillar
Everyone Will Feel Pinched By a Grinch On the Loose
Everyone will feel pinched.
By a grinch on the loose.
This festive holiday season...
Has a sputtering train on the tracks.
With barely an engine!
And no caboose.
No champagne to sip.
Or horse radish with bacon dip.
Don't light up that Christmas Tree...
Unless you have gas,
Instead of electricity to heat.
Take the turkey out of the freezer,
With other leftovers from Thanksgiving Day.
Share this with your neighbors.
The ones still living near...
And haven't moved away.
Buy a box of crayons...
And color some brown paper bags!
Find something you will not have to offer,
To sell at a tag sale.
Like a teapot.
And not a sofa you have to drag.
Wrapped 'whatever' it is and tape it.
Take pictures of this!
Since this Christmas just may be...
The best one you've had!
Maybe not one you'll wish to reminisce.
'Be glad for what you've got!
You kids think money...grows on trees.'
My mom use to say.
And I began to pray,
For that to happen one day.
This is the reality...
The thought of eating fresh picked leaves,
May not be too far away!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Everyone Will Feel Pinched By a Grinch On the Loose by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- About The Scriptures, Margaret Moran
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh