There's a pen in my hand, its shaking
I'm wishing i'm not there
My stomach is churning...rumbling
struggling to fight the mighty stress
As the examiner asks us to begin the exam
I realized....my memory's wiped! !
A flashback starts...the image of books on my desk
A pile so big it would reach the top of Everest
There are so many books filled with information..
How could I fail?
All that work...all that support
I looked at the time...
...I'm five minutes into my exam
My ears are blocked
Is the pressure really that bad?
Can stress change the future?
Will it predict my grade?
No, I can't let this happen
I'm so stressed
My brain; it's like living in a freezer...
I'm tearing my hair..pulling it out of my head
I can't bare the stress
But its a situation everyone has been in...
And the only way to overcome this paralyzing stress...
.....Is to face it
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exam Stress by Sian Mein )
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)