There's a pen in my hand, its shaking
I'm wishing i'm not there
My stomach is churning...rumbling
struggling to fight the mighty stress
As the examiner asks us to begin the exam
I realized....my memory's wiped! !
A flashback starts...the image of books on my desk
A pile so big it would reach the top of Everest
There are so many books filled with information..
How could I fail?
All that work...all that support
I looked at the time...
...I'm five minutes into my exam
My ears are blocked
Is the pressure really that bad?
Can stress change the future?
Will it predict my grade?
No, I can't let this happen
I'm so stressed
My brain; it's like living in a freezer...
I'm tearing my hair..pulling it out of my head
I can't bare the stress
But its a situation everyone has been in...
And the only way to overcome this paralyzing stress...
.....Is to face it
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exam Stress by Sian Mein )
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)