There's a pen in my hand, its shaking
I'm wishing i'm not there
My stomach is churning...rumbling
struggling to fight the mighty stress
As the examiner asks us to begin the exam
I realized....my memory's wiped! !
A flashback starts...the image of books on my desk
A pile so big it would reach the top of Everest
There are so many books filled with information..
How could I fail?
All that work...all that support
I looked at the time...
...I'm five minutes into my exam
My ears are blocked
Is the pressure really that bad?
Can stress change the future?
Will it predict my grade?
No, I can't let this happen
I'm so stressed
My brain; it's like living in a freezer...
I'm tearing my hair..pulling it out of my head
I can't bare the stress
But its a situation everyone has been in...
And the only way to overcome this paralyzing stress...
.....Is to face it
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exam Stress by Sian Mein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Before you've brush your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf