There's a pen in my hand, its shaking
I'm wishing i'm not there
My stomach is churning...rumbling
struggling to fight the mighty stress
As the examiner asks us to begin the exam
I realized....my memory's wiped! !
A flashback starts...the image of books on my desk
A pile so big it would reach the top of Everest
There are so many books filled with information..
How could I fail?
All that work...all that support
I looked at the time...
...I'm five minutes into my exam
My ears are blocked
Is the pressure really that bad?
Can stress change the future?
Will it predict my grade?
No, I can't let this happen
I'm so stressed
My brain; it's like living in a freezer...
I'm tearing my hair..pulling it out of my head
I can't bare the stress
But its a situation everyone has been in...
And the only way to overcome this paralyzing stress...
.....Is to face it
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exam Stress by Sian Mein )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)