A man died on the road
His eyes were like the clamoring of glasses,
as if a thunder storm has just been conquered.
A mad man nearby sat and draw diary of death
As if time is posing nude in the street.
When his face was turned
I found a strange similarity
We both were travelers
He is gone
I still walk.
But who shall reach whom?
If life is a quote within apostrophes
of time, where is death and the age before my birth?
what about the portrait on a canvass of madness?
I have put up myself
Looking for something deeper and something dense
either may be another human or a forest
at best my own reflection in a lake.
The yearnings of heart and soul
The desires that burn or put off the fire
on the opposite road with a milestone of water.
and punctuation tries to envelope me.
I must find but the similarity,
that I have seen in death and me
And thus invite life
For neither the exploration can be forgiven
nor is there any mimicry for this fire.
Where shall I go and where I come from
I must know.
The lap of this knowing is not an alternative to worshipping.
The debate with God must be fair.
And the rules are to be applied to both the contestants.
And this medal won't be shared.
Many often I and you look for something
We leave no secrets unveiled.
But at the end so it happens
we find it in our own pockets.
I very well know my secrets are not beyond me
Even though I go on searching
The last stoppage will be a known neighborhood.
In the mask of an exile.
Aman Saa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (exile essay by Aman Saa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I am an eagle, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Exactly what I am looking for, Diamond The Ninja
- You're the one with issues, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Words, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Am I Asking Too Much, GJG Elton
- Perfection, Marina Olivera Sangers
- GroundSound, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Bukowski, Frank Avon
- The wish of the fish, Marina Olivera Sangers
- The shadows, Marina Olivera Sangers