Extended Family Members~ One
Dysfunctional conditions of family fractions diminish the whole.
Smaller mindsets diminish by cutting off limbs from God’s goal.
Judgmental and sectarian ways of mindsets from pride’s evil.
Medical injustice of legal drugs brought a mind altering level.
Satan put his finger on works of the flesh from my circular area.
One by one the family’s rootlet wheel pointed as if I had Malaria.
I recall the lyrics: if the whole world forsakes me I’ll take Christ.
Never once counting, nor ever could I imagine such a sacrifice.
God’s Word says He takes the solitude and puts them in a family.
As of now my extended family consist of one, and a sweet reality.
Why is it so easy to cut off a limb, one precious soul from kin~?
In the name of God, for control, walking a line with God so thin.
ArmourQuill Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Extended Family Members~ One by ArmourQuill Hunter )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Always well, hasmukh amathalal
- Poem N1, Kristian Djordjanov
- You're So Amazing, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Sans struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Oranges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emperor Of Clouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sequitur, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Guitars Whose Chords Move, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Missing Man of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey