RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Eyes Of Loneliness
Clock watchers delving into hours of play, awaiting
a time of displacement as minutes pass slowly away.
Taking future dreams into places stale with smoke,
recreating nightmares of old out of habits too hard
to break away from.
Moistened dreams, drowning on beds of decrepit
thoughts, allowing memories of deceased loved ones
to fall into caverns and abysses of neglected
feelings of lost love.
Waking when watchers of clocks have fallen sound
asleep, taking with them everything good and gentle
away from memories past, leaving only teardrops
falling from eyes of loneliness.
Alone once again by habits of choice, made through
a fog of eternal dismay, giving no more thought to
a loved one's memory gone astray.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes Of Loneliness by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Let us try, gajanan mishra
- An Ode to a Salmon, Athena Hood
- नागिरो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Inner Solitude, Neela Nath
- I Don't Know, Akhtar Jawad
- My Sentimental Diversity, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Poetry, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Emerge.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mirror, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Chasing True Dream, Mark Nixon Legaspi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)