RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Spring is here, yet winter has not left us.
It's a time for blossoms to come forth - but they are freezing
from the cold.
Look out a window and see the bright sun shining everywhere,
see the warmth hanging in the air?
Outside the door, I take a step, my breath I can see blowing
in the wind.
It's cold against my skin and quickly I step back in.
Contented now to watch the warm looking sunshine from a window
within my heated room.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Winter Cold by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols