Is It Poetry

Veteran Poet - 2,987 Points (1958 - / Bus-Boys And Poets, Washington D.C.)

Face Of The Poor *


Of all our children.
Dirt scuffed face America has some.
Late night Sally Struthers infomercial.
Compassion of the old in their time of need.
Helping in the wide open homeless shelter.
Bread from their mouths for the young.
Picture the views.
You helped to make.
Words stir the pot of no news.
Children helping children that are grown no more.
They know something that the real
somebody's know nothing of.
Ashamed I am and full of some others guilt.
when I see them thus
stiring the pot for each other.

Submitted: Monday, December 08, 2008
Edited: Monday, April 09, 2012

Do you like this poem?
0 person liked.
0 person did not like.

Read this poem in other languages

This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.

I would like to translate this poem »

word flags

What do you think this poem is about?

Comments about this poem (Face Of The Poor * by Is It Poetry )

Enter the verification code :

  • Bronze Star - 6,572 Points * Sunprincess * (9/14/2012 3:30:00 PM)

    I am ashamed also, for the greedy 1% has no compassion to be fair to the other 99%...In America there shouldn't be any poor and downtrodden....awesome poem (Report) Reply

Read all 1 comments »

Trending Poets

Trending Poems

  1. Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
  2. Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
  3. Dreams, Langston Hughes
  4. Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
  5. The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
  6. As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
  7. Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
  8. Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
  9. If, Rudyard Kipling
  10. No Man Is An Island, John Donne

Poem of the Day

poet Richard Lovelace

Tell me not (Sweet) I am unkind,
That from the nunnery
Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
To war and arms I fly.

True, a new mistress now I chase,
...... Read complete »

   

New Poems

  1. Tyranny, Amitava Sur
  2. Be Near Heaven's Door, Naveed Akram
  3. On The Brink Of Insanity, Michael Webb
  4. Just Passing Through, Lora Colon
  5. Clarified Heart, Naveed Akram
  6. Walls and Weight and a Wake, Trevor Toews
  7. Best Friends, Francie Lynch
  8. This Afternoon, Trevor Toews
  9. Trash or Treasure, Trevor Toews
  10. The Ifs Of My Life, Trevor Toews
[Hata Bildir]