Is It Poetry
Face Of The Poor *
Of all our children.
Dirt scuffed face America has some.
Late night Sally Struthers infomercial.
Compassion of the old in their time of need.
Helping in the wide open homeless shelter.
Bread from their mouths for the young.
Picture the views.
You helped to make.
Words stir the pot of no news.
Children helping children that are grown no more.
They know something that the real
somebody's know nothing of.
Ashamed I am and full of some others guilt.
when I see them thus
stiring the pot for each other.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Face Of The Poor * by Is It Poetry )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Tyranny, Amitava Sur
- Be Near Heaven's Door, Naveed Akram
- On The Brink Of Insanity, Michael Webb
- Just Passing Through, Lora Colon
- Clarified Heart, Naveed Akram
- Walls and Weight and a Wake, Trevor Toews
- Best Friends, Francie Lynch
- This Afternoon, Trevor Toews
- Trash or Treasure, Trevor Toews
- The Ifs Of My Life, Trevor Toews