Peter Daniel Phiri
Not that you may give them an ear,
But that you may give them a meaning,
And a direction into their dreams.
Just like a newborn baby cries out loud,
so that you may cover it with a blanket.
So that you may see the sorrow that stains their heart and put out their lights;
With a fading flame of hope that you may rekindle theirs.
Some surrender their lives so that we may live,
So that we may find a reason to love.
Some cry and pray that we may be forgiven,
And live life freely without guilt.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fading Lights by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman
- Sonnet # 510, Luis Estable
- Paryusana…festival on card, hasmukh amathalal
- A Kind Exit, Mae AC.
- Yesterday, ramesh rai
- Shooting Stars, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- In bed, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta