Why love? Why hate?
Does it last?
No, that's fate.
'I love you! I love you! '
Words I don't wanna hear.
This bullsh*t is already hurting my ears.
I thought I'd be smart;
I'm a fool like the rest...
Should've known a guy's brain resides in his pants.
So I'm a bit bitter;
Can't deny what's true,
I suppose I've lost most my mental youth.
It just seems to me,
After all of that time:
Is anyone truly worth all the crying?
I guess I just don't wanna waste all my youth
Waiting for a fairytale that'll never come true......
(Written: 7-11-07. Submitted 7-12-07.)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fairytale by Dama Tristeza )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi
- Loo Prints, Phil Soar
- Listen, Mariam de Haan
- Walking home Afterwards, Angell Afinowi
- Who has killed me brutally?, Aftab Alam
- Granny, Phil Soar
- Dances, David Harris
- Life, Vaishnavi Singh