I Am Me
This is me;
I won't change.
Love me or hate me;
Doesn't matter, I'm to blame.
Controversial to the core,
You'll see what there is, nothing more.
Accuse me of something,
I may prove you right.
I'm a little gift;
FedEx'd from h*ll.
Sorry, Mum and Dad,
You didn't deserve this; Oh, well.
I guess it's a pity
That people like you
Should have a daughter
They can't bear to endure.
(Written: 7-11-07. Submitted 7-12-07.)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Me by Dama Tristeza )
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)