Do you want to know?
What faith you follow?
Pray do not go for names and labels
Labels do not really matter
As religions do not go by brands
But goodness, substance, quality!
For what good do labels do?
Can anyone say he follows that brand of faith?
Where lies are not told,
In which hearts are not broken,
Where honors are safe from brutal hands,
Cheating is not Neatly done
Brothers do not kill brothers
Where devils do not appear divine
Where sham wars are not waged by killing the innocent?
Are we not taught that killing a human is killing the humanity?
True following of goodness norms
Forms the figure of your faith
Actions will be valued as good
If intentions will be pure
where caste and colour, race and creed
are not really followed
Do you want to know?
What religion you follow?
Well, seek for it in the fairness you think
and the goodness you do
faith is the fusion of pure preaching and fine following
We’ll justify being the human beings
If than all things we place the faith above
By staying good for following
Just goodness, peace and love! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faith! by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
- "Vae victis! ", Lento Maez
- the death of a little girl, Lizzy Hartwig
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- My Master, Aftab Alam
- There Are Two Worlds, Neela Nath
- Dirt Is Not Love, Neela Nath
- from 'The Double V', Morgan Michaels
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)