Do you want to know?
What faith you follow?
Pray do not go for names and labels
Labels do not really matter
As religions do not go by brands
But goodness, substance, quality!
For what good do labels do?
Can anyone say he follows that brand of faith?
Where lies are not told,
In which hearts are not broken,
Where honors are safe from brutal hands,
Cheating is not Neatly done
Brothers do not kill brothers
Where devils do not appear divine
Where sham wars are not waged by killing the innocent?
Are we not taught that killing a human is killing the humanity?
True following of goodness norms
Forms the figure of your faith
Actions will be valued as good
If intentions will be pure
where caste and colour, race and creed
are not really followed
Do you want to know?
What religion you follow?
Well, seek for it in the fairness you think
and the goodness you do
faith is the fusion of pure preaching and fine following
We’ll justify being the human beings
If than all things we place the faith above
By staying good for following
Just goodness, peace and love! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faith! by Shahzia Batool )
- The New School, Joyce Kilmer
- Vindicate your Decision, Kumarmani Mahakul
- All The People, Paul Gerard Reed
- Mercenary, Babatunde Aremu
- Then, SALINI NAIR
- Beauty Does Shine, Rohit Sapra
- The Poster Girl's Defence, Carolyn Wells
- The love obituary, Kenneth Maswabi
- Marina Tsvetaeva Every poem is a child.., valentin savin
- Tribute to Otieno Kajwang (Bwana Bado Ma.., Amos O. Ojwang'
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)