Falling Star: wishes to come true
I wish upon a falling star,
And wonder who is not so far...
The one I long for when I sleep,
The one I want to hold and keep.
I wish that, oh, so near,
So when I cry he will wipe my tears.
And when I fall down,
He will pick me up,
And always be there to cheer me up.
I hope when he stares straight into my eyes,
He will promise, 'I won't cheat, I won't lie.'
I wish that he will always stay
And never go too far away.
I wish he will never leave me, until I die,
Never purposely make me want to cry.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling Star: wishes to come true by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fierce, Electric Lady
- The Gift, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- History, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Raging fire, gajanan mishra
- In Praise of Nobility (Twelve), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- WHAT WE HAVE BECOME, Terry terrific Egharevba
- Rebel Yell, Charles Hancock
- Uncommon Rose, John Ugolo Umah
- With apologies, Eric Bult
- My company, hasmukh amathalal