Falling Star: wishes to come true
I wish upon a falling star,
And wonder who is not so far...
The one I long for when I sleep,
The one I want to hold and keep.
I wish that, oh, so near,
So when I cry he will wipe my tears.
And when I fall down,
He will pick me up,
And always be there to cheer me up.
I hope when he stares straight into my eyes,
He will promise, 'I won't cheat, I won't lie.'
I wish that he will always stay
And never go too far away.
I wish he will never leave me, until I die,
Never purposely make me want to cry.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling Star: wishes to come true by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- GETTING EVEN, Beryl Dov
- Ebola Suspicion, douglas scotney
- LOVE VS. LONELINESS, Beryl Dov
- GRACIOUSNESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Magnum Opus 10 words, Beryl Dov
- Christmas in July, Marilyn Lott
- Fountains, Tom Squires
- Recognized goodness, gajanan mishra
- Disenfranchised From Your Mind, Captain Cur
- Say never that you are doing, gajanan mishra