The house is many-storeyed,
Its flavour is tasty, like the snow.
May you live in this building
For all eternity, just to be unique
And loving towards the family.
The house abated after a while
Due to cold and bad weather.
The weather of a soul is unique
Since the house is a gap in its wake.
My house is your house,
And your house is mine.
This eternal abode reigns high!
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family House by Naveed Akram )
Poem of the Day
- I Remember, I Remember, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1886 - 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)