Feel like saying
I often think on the things I would love to say
but often back out before the break of day.
I would like to stand and shout,
to let things all fly out and not worry or care
about what comes out.
To fling a cup, shout 'it’s not alright'
and know I will not go.
I’m going to stay right here
and theres nothing that you can say.
I’ve heard it all, it’s just the same
change the captals
in the lines you use.
I often get angry at how I should be
and ask why this woman is not free,
not able to say what I really feel
and slap that wall in front of me.
I dislike the way I’m made to feel
and apologise to all that see me.
I don’t want to have this cup of tea
or dress in pink and yellow.
I don’t want to cook or make the beds.
To walk the dog or be there
when the kids come home.
I often think on all the things
that I would like to say,
But yet somehow, I know not how
I lose my voice and fade.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feel like saying by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tax Breaks Fleece Minimum Wage Workers, Terence G. Craddock
- Ballistic Word Images, Terence G. Craddock
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI