Feel like saying
I often think on the things I would love to say
but often back out before the break of day.
I would like to stand and shout,
to let things all fly out and not worry or care
about what comes out.
To fling a cup, shout 'it’s not alright'
and know I will not go.
I’m going to stay right here
and theres nothing that you can say.
I’ve heard it all, it’s just the same
change the captals
in the lines you use.
I often get angry at how I should be
and ask why this woman is not free,
not able to say what I really feel
and slap that wall in front of me.
I dislike the way I’m made to feel
and apologise to all that see me.
I don’t want to have this cup of tea
or dress in pink and yellow.
I don’t want to cook or make the beds.
To walk the dog or be there
when the kids come home.
I often think on all the things
that I would like to say,
But yet somehow, I know not how
I lose my voice and fade.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feel like saying by maria goodison )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(15 February 1935 -)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- Topics And Themes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Getting Something Wanted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Provides, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Immensely Tantalized, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...