Narayan Chandra Samal
Many friends are evil & many friends are bad.
But few friends are good & few friends are like God.
Many friends are fraud & many friends are dishonest.
But few friends are trustworthy & few friends are honest.
Many friends are cruel & many friends are harmful.
But few friends are caring & few friends are very helpful.
Many friends are opportunistic & many friends are professional.
But few friends are realistic & few friends are very personal.
Many friends are like Twister & Many friends are like Tide.
But few friends are like philosopher & few friends are like guide.
Many friends give grief & many friends give sorrow.
But few friends give happiness & few friends give cheer.
Many friends give pain & Many friends give sufferings.
But few friends give relief & few friends give peace.
Narayan Chandra Samal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FEW FRIENDS by Narayan Chandra Samal )
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)