Jacques du Lumerie
Fin De Magi
Sounds from his mouth
Were washed away with the rain.
They were important words,
The most important words he had ever uttered
In his long life.
But the rain washed them away.
He could see his sounds
Breaking up in the water
Until they were no bigger
Than the drops of water
That had fallen down
From the bright red clouds
That had been his home.
He had to tell them.
They had to know.
But all they ever saw
Was the rain.
Jacques du Lumerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fin De Magi by Jacques du Lumerie )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov