fires on the hillside
I never knew how fires burned
until i see your eyes,
your deep lost eyes,
how they float in trance-like
peril when You look into me
and I feel you puling all the wild animal
passions from my bones my heart my lungs
and explode into smokey quietude laughter.
while fires burn on the hillside and
lightning bugs hide in the attic.
I see a floor of rose hip cedar.
glowing embers like flickering dancers
leaping from the lantern belly our love on a chipping staircase
the old tin heels
the falling of a copper
and the rattle of the radio.
how we collide is how we love every second of it
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (fires on the hillside by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mercury, David Keplinger
- love u gal, kaunda kapungwe
- Death Penalty Alternative, Ima Ryma
- Philosophy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TOP LESBIAN ODE TO ORAL SEX, alexander opicho
- Unhesitant Demise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An Unintelligible Quest, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shroud Unfolding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sacred Thoughtfulness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak