I am the first fool here, my dear.
The people of my state Odisha in India
Are equally fools.
On this Fool's Day, April First
Nineteen thirty six formation
Of my state Odisha is made.
The basis of formation of
My state Odisha is Language
And the name of language is
Odia, now a classic language of India.
The people of my state Odisha
Hate this Odia language to use
In day to day performance of works,
The state chief reluctant to speak
In this language.
I am the first fool here, my dear
In this state who is staying without my
Language, though I know
Mother, Mother-tongue, Mother-land
Are the identity of a man.
See, the people of this state
They are eating, drinking and sleeping
And saying, Hurrah, see us, we are here,
Are we not fools? we are the tools,
And we are tolerating all and cool.
This Fool's Day is the formation day
Of my state Odisha and I am the first fool here.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (First fool by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- I am the time, Aftab Alam