Mark R Slaughter
Sprays of colour lit the room
To bring a sparkle to the eyes;
Sharp aroma bit the air
To bid the sleepy nose arise!
And underneath, a subtle message
Wafted out of bloom.
Little need for empty scribbles;
Clumsy poems to reconcile -
Petals danced, sang in hues
To out his pleading in the while.
And for the cry to silken ear,
Her answer floated in a tear.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2010
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flowers by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath