Mark R Slaughter
Sprays of colour lit the room
To bring a sparkle to the eyes;
Sharp aroma bit the air
To bid the sleepy nose arise!
And underneath, a subtle message
Wafted out of bloom.
Little need for empty scribbles;
Clumsy poems to reconcile -
Petals danced, sang in hues
To out his pleading in the while.
And for the cry to silken ear,
Her answer floated in a tear.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2010
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flowers by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas