Mark R Slaughter
Sprays of colour lit the room
To bring a sparkle to the eyes;
Sharp aroma bit the air
To bid the sleepy nose arise!
And underneath, a subtle message
Wafted out of bloom.
Little need for empty scribbles;
Clumsy poems to reconcile -
Petals danced, sang in hues
To out his pleading in the while.
And for the cry to silken ear,
Her answer floated in a tear.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2010
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flowers by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be Drunk In Love ~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery