For My Son
The realms of love are infinite
Just like the paths of life.
And I will do my best to guide you,
Through the toil and strife.
We'll walk the fields of happiness.
Traverse the lanes of peace.
And I will help you through your journey,
Guide your straying feet.
For though you walk alone my child,
I'm always by your side.
I was privileged to give you life.
Together we'll abide.
I'll teach you all my wisdom.
I'll show you all the joy,
That's waiting for you in your life.
Yes ‘tis true my boy.
For you will walk in tenderness,
With loving hand unfurled.
To help and give a guiding hand
To other boys and girls.
To walk in love and peace and joy,
Is everybody's right.
This precious gift I ask for you,
To guide you day and night.
Rosi Caswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (For My Son by Rosi Caswell )
- You Speak to Me, Lukie Pieterse
- I LOVED HER, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love Overpowers All, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- BY THE WATER TOWER., Terry Collett
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- GAHZAL, ROCHISH MON
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)