For My Son
The realms of love are infinite
Just like the paths of life.
And I will do my best to guide you,
Through the toil and strife.
We'll walk the fields of happiness.
Traverse the lanes of peace.
And I will help you through your journey,
Guide your straying feet.
For though you walk alone my child,
I'm always by your side.
I was privileged to give you life.
Together we'll abide.
I'll teach you all my wisdom.
I'll show you all the joy,
That's waiting for you in your life.
Yes ‘tis true my boy.
For you will walk in tenderness,
With loving hand unfurled.
To help and give a guiding hand
To other boys and girls.
To walk in love and peace and joy,
Is everybody's right.
This precious gift I ask for you,
To guide you day and night.
Rosi Caswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (For My Son by Rosi Caswell )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All Things will Die, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- I Will Seek For You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Under The Apple Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- Spiced Wine, Edward Kofi Louis
- Innocent Wishes, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Come And See II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Office, orifice!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Like A Baby, Edward Kofi Louis
- Tears Of Love II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pumpkin Pie, Ima Ryma
- '' Even Animals Look After Their Own '', bri mar