RIC S. BASTASA
For you to learn earnestly
Pick up all the flowers dear
from the garden and put all of them
in one glass vase
watch how the colors change
from yellow to dull and then
how they all fade to brown
till they all wilt and then
three days at most this hot summer
time, the petals fall and then
another day and then another one
they all crack in utter dryness
and inside the vase see how the water
foul and stinky begin to grow the
wriggling mosquitoes as though
asking for more....deaths of
those fresh flowers that from the
garden you all pick.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For you to learn earnestly by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...