The forsythia blooms early in the Spring.
The bright yellow flowers are a very good thing.
The flowers emerge even before the leaves.
When pruning this shrub, roll up your sleeves.
They're ornamental Eurasian shrubs.
Be sure and check them for grubs.
You must care for all of your plants.
And when you're working - wear long pants.
The Spring would not be the same,
Without these beautiful bushes, in the game.
Their bright yellow flower sprays,
Will last in an arrangement, for many days.
These shrubs should be added to your list,
To be purchased soon, if you get my gist.
They're a great addition to any garden.
So don't let your imagination harden.
They can be seen from quite a distance;
So buy a few, on my insistence.
You'll be quite happy, and never regret;
On this subject, I'll place a bet.
J.B. LeBuert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forsythia by J.B. LeBuert )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra