Are peole and citizens beggars?
Why are you giving them
Laptops, fans, grinders, cycles, mobiles
Television sets, rice, gold thalis free
O leaders, what for these corrupt practices?
Whose materials whose money? you are giving to helpless
To fetch votes from them why?
O, learders, play within the level.
Surely you involve yourselfs in malpractice
And showing same path to others
Remember, powers, positions are not for all days
Remember, people in general are not foolish, bogus
Remember, They would teach you a lesson in due course
Promises are good for the doing better works
But distributing articles to catch votes definitely worst
For the smooth functioning of democratice system.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Freebies Promise by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)