Rushing from bus to class,
Eyes pried open in apparent attention,
Hurried scrawls of two sets of notes...
Always one mate who hasn't turned up!
Next donning white coats for practical session,
Pavlov reaction dictates frustration sets in,
Identify this, identify that...
Never a clue as to what we are looking for!
Catch 22 is set in motion,
To know what you are looking for you must find what
you are looking for,
All the while being assured by the PhD's that we will someday know,
Yet we are still looking at each other with pleas in our eyes!
More tears in our eyes as we strive for seventy plus,
Clock is ticking louder and louder,
Just half an hour to go when a light goes on,
That weird squiggly shape is the bacteria we are seeking!
Tara Nugent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fresher Frustration by Tara Nugent )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak