Lawrence S. Pertillar
From A Pied Piper
People will not accept,
The revealing of the truth produced.
Whether seen with eyes high on a billboard.
Or expressed but yet still to be ignored.
But someone known to lie, cheat and deceive,
Without a bit of scrutiny...
Will have followers lined up listening to believe,
A spreading of false words to be heard.
And from a pied piper playing the blues they choose,
They hear, cheer and praise at an expensive cost...
What they have come to expect as if in a daze.
Independent in thought these minds are lost.
Preferring darkness to hide behind and to remain.
Finding no way to the light that brightly shines.
Preferring darkness as a way to undermine the times.
And a truth that would reduce delusions wished unchanged.
'We want the truth from us to leave sing they do in harmony.
Too painful it is to believe and receive.
We want to be free to entertain our fantasies.
And the existence of truth we want kept deceived.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From A Pied Piper by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The Book That Stands Alone, Katherine Nordhaus
- ~ Why ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- Nigeria Arise and Save thyself, Henry Isiekwe
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- Shriveled Up Inside A Rose, Is It Poetry
- Meditation, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
- অনিন্দ্য সৌন্দর্য তোমার, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)