Lawrence S. Pertillar
From A Pied Piper
People will not accept,
The revealing of the truth produced.
Whether seen with eyes high on a billboard.
Or expressed but yet still to be ignored.
But someone known to lie, cheat and deceive,
Without a bit of scrutiny...
Will have followers lined up listening to believe,
A spreading of false words to be heard.
And from a pied piper playing the blues they choose,
They hear, cheer and praise at an expensive cost...
What they have come to expect as if in a daze.
Independent in thought these minds are lost.
Preferring darkness to hide behind and to remain.
Finding no way to the light that brightly shines.
Preferring darkness as a way to undermine the times.
And a truth that would reduce delusions wished unchanged.
'We want the truth from us to leave sing they do in harmony.
Too painful it is to believe and receive.
We want to be free to entertain our fantasies.
And the existence of truth we want kept deceived.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From A Pied Piper by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak