Jo Hanna Erk
By: Jo E
Laying in my bed, think but then my mind keeps running toward the future
I'm scared to death!
Im scared who im gonna fall in love with
Scared to who im gonna be
Scared that the one i love might hurt me
Scared to what ill become
My thoughts keep on running toward the future.
How much longer!
How much longer will i have to scare myself.
But most of all im scared to falling in love with the person who ends up breaking my heart.
Give me ur thoughts, ur future, ur dreams
Give it to me my beloved
For i will take u in my arms and say everything will be alright.
I'll take ur hand and will dance, sing in the rain. We'll stand in the rain together just u and me.
Take my hand and ill lead u. Look into my eyes beloved. Forget everything future, dreams, thoughts, work, but remember me. Stand with me in the middle of the night looking up into the sky. Let me take ur hand and we'll walk on the beach while the stars will shine the way for us.
Forget everything, just remember the sweet time we were together
Remember our long walks in the beautiful gardens, our talk outside in the sunlight, remember our joy when we dance together, remember out tears that we shared. Remember, oh remember our sweet memories my BELOVED.
Do go toward the future, for ur are not there. Take each day a memories that u can remember. Take one step at a time Beloved! For the future will stay the future, but right now. Keep ur thoughts on us, no need to think of the future. One step at a time, Beloved.
Jo Hanna Erk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Future by Jo Hanna Erk )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Castles Made of Salt, Michael Mira
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong