Genesis and Exodus
Genesis says the first act of murder
Was birthed from the Sin of Jealousy
Its venom spreads, that poison can conquer
The heart of anyone, even family.
As the Earth drank the blood of a brother
Evil sprang forth its seed and shoot
Branching to Greed, Lust, and then Murder
Rebellion and Pride have come out as fruit.
But always there was a flicker of Light
A man who still stands for all that is Right
God's image still grows in the human heart
His Being still remained to have Goodness start.
Throughout the Darkness, Good had shone
Gave Man Love, Peace, and Hope to own
Guided in his exodus and held for rebirth
Faithful is the Creator Who brought him forth.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Genesis and Exodus by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Seaside , Ronald Chapman
- The Mailbox at the End of the Lane, Frank Avon
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter 2, Brian Johnston