Warren Falcon (04/23/52 - xxxx / Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA)
Glenn Gould In Heaven Does Lament
Here the chipped ivory is only cloud.
The Instrument, too very old, is Archetype.
Strings of gold do not a music make.
A lyre presses into where once was crotch.
Crotchless music is useless here, and so am I.
No one listens.
The only passion is the Christ's
and that's all passed.
Crowds overcome take cues from
Hosts Divine urging Hosannahs
in obligations clinical:
Holy. Holy. Holy.
I miss Canada.
Cold. Precise. Canada.
Icicles there hear better what is played.
Bitter wind knots the fingers' skein.
Each note a pain, there's blood.
Let us rejoice what is in scarlet shed.
Let us praise iron.
Let oxidation within us reign.
O lead us all to right ruin.
Roll in the coagulate burden then,
the Piano Grand.
And my little chair -
Little chair. Hold me, pray.
Let there be, crouched again,
once again, play and play.
Let knees press close to chest near,
knees there do pray.
All of me is Agency become
music in fingers latency,
theirs deserve all waking praise.
Poet Other Poems
- 3 AM Kingfisher Sonata
- A Grief Earned - An Ode Beginning & Endi...
- A Gypsy Cab Author Caught In A Texas Mi...
- A Poem In Fragments Beginning With A Lin...
- A Shabbos Poem Beginning With A Line Fro...
- Abandoned Train Station Near Grandmother...
- After Folly - An Aging Poet Addresses On...
- Alchemical Passes For Father and Son - T...
- Amir, Prince Of Treetops, Now Sleeps In ...
- 'And The Daylight Separated The Mad Boy ...
- Annunciation - for Cesar Vallejo
- Anunciación - para César Vallejo
- Archeology - What The Stele Says 'Upon T...
- Are You Hungry? A Poem For Departure
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.