Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage
We have some Golden Rules for our marriage.
We always put God First.
Our mate second,
Our children third,
Our work fourth,
We always build the other one up.
We never tear each other down.
We never go to bed mad.
We always try to give according to the other one's love language.
We always make time for each other.
We never mention the word divorce.
We never take someone's side over the other.
Tis not allowed!
We kiss each other good night.
We kiss each other good bye.
We pray together each night.
Praying for God's blessings upon our marriage,
Praying for God's blessings upon our home,
Praying for God's blessings upon our children,
Whether, they're near or far.
We always end our conversation, with, I love you!
We never skip our rules.
They're our Golden Rules for our Happy Marriage.
They have been tried and true.
Modified for a lasting marriage
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage by Patricia Kelley )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)