Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage
We have some Golden Rules for our marriage.
We always put God First.
Our mate second,
Our children third,
Our work fourth,
We always build the other one up.
We never tear each other down.
We never go to bed mad.
We always try to give according to the other one's love language.
We always make time for each other.
We never mention the word divorce.
We never take someone's side over the other.
Tis not allowed!
We kiss each other good night.
We kiss each other good bye.
We pray together each night.
Praying for God's blessings upon our marriage,
Praying for God's blessings upon our home,
Praying for God's blessings upon our children,
Whether, they're near or far.
We always end our conversation, with, I love you!
We never skip our rules.
They're our Golden Rules for our Happy Marriage.
They have been tried and true.
Modified for a lasting marriage
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage by Patricia Kelley )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Vibrant Liberation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fear of the society, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray