RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Growing up is painful - it is killing me.
There are no directions to point me the right way.
Spinning crazily like a magnet in the north pole - my life gyrates with no control.
Trying to head in every direction at once - I end up standing still.
There are no cures - no remedies for growing up.
Each day begins a new day - each day we fill a brand new cup.
There are no set rules from A to B.
Everyone tries haphazardly to keep themselves alive, amidst all the noise and craziness.
There's not a soul alive with the answers to the questions of maturity.
We all strive for this something we call growing up - and yet we know little or nothing about it.
How can we be so stupid, trying to attain an impossibility while making every attempt to live our lives?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Growing Up by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao