- GTKY : : Humour
Hi, how are you? What’s your name?
We’re playing a GTKY kind of game
What on earth does GTKY stand for?
Getting To Know You, can you please tell us more
How long have you lived here? Where are you from?
I’ve lived here 10 years and I come from a kingdom
A tiny principality of a hundred people or fewer
Our chief export there is three humped camel manure
Oh really, that’s fascinating, I never would have guessed
That three humped camel manure was one of the best
Oh but it is, it’s expensive, it’s worth more than gold
It contains a special ingredient, that’s what I’ve been told
If you smear it on your face, your wrinkles will disappear
I do it myself every day, have been doing it for years
But your face is covered in wrinkles, covered in splotches
You believed my story, ha ha, I gotcha
Alessandra Liverani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- GTKY : : Humour by Alessandra Liverani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan