Hardly I count my faded previous births
Once in Alaska I caught fish and lived in my Igloo
Unfortunately not married till I die.
When Christopher Columbus found America
I was a Turtle in the Pacific Ocean.
I served as a butler to Duke of Edinburgh in the Victorian era.
During the World War (II) I was the Alsatian pet dog to Adolf Hitler.
Now I live in America with my singsong beloved and two old suitcases that full of bygone unlimited hopes.
Sometimes in my colored dreams I see turtles, Igloos, dogs and I play baseball with Hitler, Columbus and Duke of Edinburgh.
*** Many happy returns of the day to Independent America!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hardly I count my faded previous births by nimal dunuhinga )
- The Stones, Sylvia Plath
- Little Fugue, Sylvia Plath
- The Ghost's Leavetaking, Sylvia Plath
- Family Reunion, Sylvia Plath
- Heavy Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Man In Black, Sylvia Plath
- Notes To A Neophyte, Sylvia Plath
- The Death Of Myth-Making, Sylvia Plath
- The Times Are Tidy, Sylvia Plath
- The Manor Garden, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)