nimal dunuhinga (19, April,1951 / kalubovila East, Sri Lanka)
Hardly I count my faded previous births
Once in Alaska I caught fish and lived in my Igloo
Unfortunately not married till I die.
When Christopher Columbus found America
I was a Turtle in the Pacific Ocean.
I served as a butler to Duke of Edinburgh in the Victorian era.
During the World War (II) I was the Alsatian pet dog to Adolf Hitler.
Now I live in America with my singsong beloved and two old suitcases that full of bygone unlimited hopes.
Sometimes in my colored dreams I see turtles, Igloos, dogs and I play baseball with Hitler, Columbus and Duke of Edinburgh.
*** Many happy returns of the day to Independent America!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
- * I was born by the River
- *Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
- *Moon rapes his sister Sun
- A Barber writes
- A beautiful widow's upstage
- A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
- A Beggar Maid's Breakdown In The Life Cy...
- A Beggar Never Complains?
- A bird flies beyond the sky
- A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.