Have You Sent For Dr. Mend? - Poem by Konstantin Ananin
- Oh, my back hurts. Have you sent for Dr. Mend?
- Of course not. Why must I send?
My God! When your leg hurt last week,
And you cried, “I’ve broken it, Nick! ”,
I sent for Doctor at once, and what?
He came, examined and laughed a lot.
- But I think I broke it a bit.
- You didn’t break, Doctor said it.
- But Nick!
__________- You haven’t hurt anything.
- My back!
__________- We can use this sour cream.
The sun shines brightly and burns in July.
It has shone on you, and so much light
Of the sun has burnt your body.
- No! I lay in a shady
Place. I thought, “I can lie long today”.
- You’ve lain more than three hours. I say,
You shouldn’t. Now you have this sunburn.
As through the clouds the sun shone and burnt.
Comments about Have You Sent For Dr. Mend? by Konstantin Ananin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.