You held me from death
I tasted the essence of life
Willingness gave herself in full
Thirst drank with two mouths.
Gratitude found eloquence in tears
Warmth flooded both the shores
The self made chains failed to hold
I was reborn in your arms.
Love crept eagerly into your fingers
The Relationship took shape of a clasp
My face dug itself into your stomach.
My mother held me back in her womb
Imprisoned femininity found a way out
The woman in you remembered to live
As the mother, friend, lover and many
The bliss sang the duet of silence
I felt the weight of love in your breast
The touch of warmth in your hands
Time recorded the moments gratefully
Parched soils received the first showers.
sree Jothi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HELD by sree Jothi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable